Thursday 22 August 2019

Why You Should Read This Message…


Dear colleague,

The reason I created the subject line, “Why You Should Read This Message…” is so you would read it.

I could have written “Read This Message Now” or Please Read This Message” but that would not have had quite the same impact because by writing the word “Why” right up front, I am implying I have an answer or a solution or I am going to divulge something interesting.

The word "Why" is inquisitive and demands attention. That's just one of the tricks you could learn in my book about successful email marketing: https://emailsuccessbydesign.com

I’m a Direct Response copywriter and my style of writing is specifically designed to encourage readers of my copy or web content to take action. That could be anything from signing up for a newsletter subscription to buying a product or service.

The reason why my copy works so well is that we are all flesh and blood human beings. We have hopes and aspirations. We have fears and uncertainties, we have wants and needs and more importantly, we are all driven by emotion. Greed, lust, desire, love and envy are fine examples.

It doesn't matter who you are or what position you hold at work or in your community or society as a whole, you cannot escape being human. You can try to hide behind a front and you can act your way to success but your life will still be governed by fear and many other, sometimes debilitating emotions. 

It’s what makes us who we are…

My job as a DR copywriter is to exploit these human frailties by tapping into people’s wants, needs, fears and desires on the very same emotional level, which governs their decision making and to some degree… their whole lives. 

My clients understand the power of DR Copywriting and so they hire me to help them sell all types of products and services to people all over the world.

There is a good reason why the pen is said to be mightier than the sword. It’s that you can solve problems or achieve your purpose better and more effectively through communication with words than by violence with weapons - Edward George Bulwer Lytton (1803-1873), English novelist.

In business, we all know that the written word has value. However, it's how the words are structured into sentences that make them so very powerful as selling tools. That’s “Why” I’m sending out this message.

Bill Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment